Bury my sins 17
Chapter 17
“Bury my sins,not me”
—---------------
(AT AMINAT MANSION)
“What's in the laptop, Pastor Solomon?" Bosco asked again with a curious tone, after Pastor Solomon had pretended he didn't hear the question the first time.
Pastor Solomon hesitated a bit and began to dart his eyes around the room nervously as if the answers to the question were there. "Oh, uh, my laptop? Well, it's just... church business, you see. Nothing important, really," he managed to reply with a stammering voice.
Gabriel didn't seem satisfied with the pastor's answer. He raised his head, still looking doubtful. “Church business? Didn't you say the pastor here is dead? So why bother himself with church business when he could just leave it to the new pastor or the living?" Gabriel asked, looking puzzled while turning to face Aminat and Bosco to reason along with him.
Pastor Solomon's ghost shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He didn't move or speak like he was paralyzed. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. In order to convince Aminat, Gabriel, and Bosco about the content of the laptop, he needed to do it in such a way that he would not expose himself. “What will I say to these people now?” Pastor Solomon's Ghost thought to himself when Bosco suddenly interrupted his thinking.
"Come on, Pastor. Don't give us that," Bosco said, folding his hands and narrowing his eyes on Pastor Solomon's ghost. “There's more to it than just 'church business'. You're clearly hiding something. Or are you involved in em-+bezzle_ment or something?" Bosco asked curiously.
"No, no, nothing like that!" Pastor Solomon's ghost interjected immediately. "It's just erm... sensitive information, that's all."
"Oh, oh, oh, I get it now," Bosco said, his eyes Widening with surprise. "You're a b.ad boy, Pastor Solomon! Don't tell me you've got a.d.ult kontent on your phone," Bosco said, trying to tap the pastor's ghostly shoulder, but his hand passed through him like there was nothing sitting there. "Whoops, I forgot you're a ghost!" he exclaimed and laughed harder.
"Ah, this life, Pastor! Even you?" Bosco continued, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well, don't worry, I'll help you get the laptop and delete those files for you. But it's you that knows what you will tell God in heaven when you get there," Bosco added.
Pastor Solomon's ghost felt embarrassed by Bosco's assumptions but decided to go with the idea. He nodded his head sheepishly to admit there was a.d.ult kontent on the laptop. “Please, Bosco, just get me the laptop," he said with a pleading tone.
Gabriel didn't seem satisfied with Bosco's assumptions and the direction of their conversation. But he didn't bother to intervene further, as it did not concern him in any way. He hadn't known the pastor when he was alive, and he couldn't see his ghost now either. Nevertheless, Gabriel offered to drive Bosco to the Anglican Church the next day to retrieve the laptop and delete the files.
Aminat, who had been quiet during the conversation, didn't seem bothered by the contents of the laptop either. She isn't going to judge the pastor for his personal affairs. She felt relieved that Bosco and Gabriel had volunteered to help the pastor, so she took a deep breath and asked, “what's the plan guys? Now that you have volunteered to help pastor Solomon?.”
"Plan?" Bosco asked, as if it was an unnecessary question. "We'll just walk in, get permission from the church authorities, and delete the files on Pastor Solomon's behalf."
"What if they ask who sent you?" Gabriel said, raising an eyebrow. “Do you even listen to yourself sometimes?” he asked Bosco, almost getting annoyed.
"Pastor Solomon, of course," Bosco replied confidently. "I will let them know Pastor Solomon sent me."
Aminat quickly intervened before the duo began to argue again, "Things don't work that way, Bosco. You can't tell a religious organization that you're seeing the ghost of their pastor. They will clearly make you understand that it's not in line with the teachings and beliefs of scriptural books and the Bible."
"So what's the plan then?" Bosco asked with a puzzled look on his face.
Aminat nodded her head subtly, with her eyes suggesting a covert approach to the situation to Bosco.
"You mean we s.ne..ak into the church office to delete the files?" Bosco narrowed his eyes after understanding Aminat's signal.
"Yes, destroy the laptop, not just delete those files. It likely has a code that you can't access," Pastor Solomon's ghost joined in the conversation.
Gabriel's concern about Pastor Solomon's secrets suddenly resurfaced again. "Let me get this straight. You're saying Pastor Solomon's ghost wants the laptop destroyed because he won't give you the code to access it? That's ridiculous," Gabriel added.
"I understand the pastor's situation better than anyone," Bosco said. "He's shy, and it's not easy for pastors to admit their sins like he did to us. If he wants the laptop destroyed, so be it. I'll find a way to get inside during the Thanksgiving service tomorrow and take the laptop out. Just that I will be needing funds for a perfect plan,” Bosco said, turning to look at Aminat expectantly.
"Don't worry, I'll provide the funds. But remember, if you get caught, I don't know you. Make sure to set aside some money for your bail," Aminat told Bosco, who immediately widened his eyes in surprise.
However, Gabriel was annoyed at Bosco for always making excuses for Pastor Solomon's ghost every time he tried asking a sensitive question. "Well, we're helping the pastor with his last wish, so there's no need to worry much," Gabriel thought to himself silently.
—--------
(LATE MR. OLAMIDE APARTMENT)
Meanwhile, Loveth, the eldest daughter of Mr. Olamide, felt a strong longing for Officer Paul and decided to visit him at his residence to declare her affection for him.
She felt Paul already had similar feelings, but was too timid and shy to express them to her. After preparing herself, she was about to depart when her sister Grace entered into the room.
"Where are you headed, big sister?" Grace asked, staring at her sister's enticing dress.
"I'm visiting a close friend, someone I've known for a while now," Loveth lied, "and I'll be returning home later in the day." She picked up her handbag and exited the door.
Grace watched her sister exit the door while swaying her hips as she walked out of sight. "I'm certain she's going to see Officer Paul,” Grace muttered to herself. “It's surprising how deeply she has fallen for Paul."
When Loveth got to Officer Paul's house, she met him sitting in the living room. Paul quickly stood up upon seeing Loveth and moved closer to hug her tightly, showing how much he had missed her.
After chatting together for a while, Officer Paul summoned the courage and began to speak. "I love you, Loveth, I really do, from the bottom of my heart," Paul said, and Loveth was laughing sheepishly, eagerly awaiting his question.
"I didn't realize how deeply I had fallen for you, Loveth, until you left," Paul took a deep breath and continued. “I missed seeing you around, I missed your cooking, and how much you care for me. I had a deep thought about my life and realized it's definitely time for me to give love another chance since Abimbola's death. Will you please be my girlfriend?" Paul turned to look at Loveth with sincerity in his eyes.
Loveth, who had been feeling butterflies in her tummy as Officer Paul was professing his love for her, was about to say “yes' ' when Abimbola's evil ghost suddenly appeared and possessed Loveth's mind. Her evil spirit changed Loveth's smiling face to a stern face that suddenly began to warn Officer Paul to stay away from her.
"I'm not ready for love, and even if I were, it wouldn't be with you," Loveth said, her voice cold and distant. "You think I'm just a replacement for Abimbola, don't you? That I'm just a consolation prize and nothing more than that? Well, let me tell you something, Paul. I was never interested in you. I never loved you. And I never will."
With that, Loveth picked up her bag and stormed out of the house, leaving Paul shocked and heartbroken. The evil Ghost of Abimbola had spoken through Loveth, using her words to hurt Paul and push him away.
“I could have sworn that she was in love with me,” Paul muttered sadly as he watched Loveth hiss and walk out on him angrily after the rejection. He felt really bad and had no idea that Loveth is no longer herself.
As if that weren't enough, Abimbola's angry ghost, which was still lurking inside Loveth, led her body to the Third Mainland Bridge. She kept r.u.n+ning in front of s.pee.di.ng vehicles, but the drivers were lucky enough to quickly apply the brakes or narrowly dodge Loveth.
When Abimbola's ghost realized its plan to h.a..rm Loveth hadn't worked, it turned to the big ri.ver underneath the b.r.id.ge and was about to j..u..-mp. But passersby noticed Loveth's behavior and quickly grabbed her from behind. They prevented her from jumping into the river.
At that moment, Abimbola's ghost, which had possessed Loveth and made her misbehave, left her body.
And Almost immediately, Loveth regained her senses and began to wonder what she was doing at the bridge, to the point where she had even co.-nte.-mpla-ted s.u!c!de.
"Didn't I intend to visit Paul?" she muttered to herself. "How did I get here then?" Loveth asked those who had rescued her, and they were equally confused too.
To be continued……
❗QUESTION: What do you think will happen when Bosco tries to s.n.e.,ak into the church office to de.s.,troy the laptop?
Comments
Post a Comment