My reverend's son 39

CHAPTER 39
“THE REVEREND’S SON” 
©Opeyemi Akintunde
As inspired by the LIVING WORD

My father asked us to go by road and I wore the dark shades and face cap mom bought for me. One of the Church drivers was waiting for us already at Idiroko. Our first point of call was the deceased's family house. On getting there, my father went in and he was told they had not been home for days. 

From there, we went straight to the church studio and did a Live video on the church YouTube Channel...

"It is with great displeasure that I step aside from being the General overseer of our ministry, I have brought the name of God to disrepute as a result of my inability to raise my son right. Also my family have lied to the public. Out of love for our Son, After he committed the crime, we helped him cover up by sending him to Benin Republic and lying against the family of the deceased. We made the public believe one of the deceased's family killed him.

As true Christians, We have realized our wrong and we have decided to submit ourselves to the authority. We accept whatever punishment the Law system in Nigeria deems fit.
The Ministry would be headed by my Son in-law Pastor Usman Dauda who has shown himself fit to do that.
Please kindly exempt my wife's name and my daughter's names from this scandal. My wife is presently hospitalized for a spinal cord injury, so please your comments should  be soft towards her.” 

*****
Gbadebo had called my brother's attention to the live broadcast and my brother and I had watched in silence. My brother rained tears ...

"I can't serve my revenge anymore!" he said in regret

"There is no need for that anymore. God has vindicated us. There is no revenge as powerful as Forgiveness." I said to my brother and he nodded  “Also a wise friend once said something strong to me…” I continued

My Brother looked at me..

"He said, the best revenge is to be unlike the person who caused the injury” 

"Hmm...Did you say He?" My brother diverted from the topic at hand...

"Yes..Him, His name is Timothy, I met him in Cotonou and he changed my perspectives about a whole lot...

"In two days?" He asked inquisitively

"Yes!"

"In two days?" He repeated  "What are the other things he taught you in two days?" He said

I knew where he was driving at...

"Brother, he didn't teach me what you are thinking, he is a pastor." 

"Ha! Pastor! Reverend Bada is a Pastor" he said to me

"I believe he won't turn out like Reverend, besides Reverend has asked for Mercy and confessed his sins. That's the beautiful thing about Christianity, God would always want you to stand up and accept your blame, he doesn't like people shifting blames like Adam and Eve did. 

Bible says 'If my peeple who are called by my Name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. So brother, I would rather give my heart to an imperfect Pastor or Christian than a total unbeliever, because an unbeliever owes God no explanation. If this had happened with an unbeliever, I can assure you there won't be a restitution." I said giving my brother a very necessary lecture.

To be continued…

To follow our series, follow the author on Facebook @Opeyemi Akintunde Tv,  Instagram @Opeyemiakintunde, and to watch our movies, follow us on YouTube @DEEP THOTS FILMS. 
God bless you abundantly. Feel free to share but please do not tamper with the credit of the Author.

DEEP THOTS NOVELS 
Inspired by the TRUTH REVEALER 
Written by Opeyemi Akintunde 
+234-8151103646
Fb@Opeyemi Akintunde Tv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unhealed 22

Timisire The Golden girl 19

The blue river 5