My reverend's son 37
CHAPTER 37
“THE REVEREND’S SON”
©Opeyemi Akintunde
As inspired by the LIVING WORD
While praying in the last 24 hours, the Lord brought something to my remembrance and I knew I needed to ask for his forgiveness...
While I was praying overnight before the call from Mrs Opeyemi, the Lord reminded me of the scripture of the King who stretched his hand against a Man of God and his hand withered.
"You stretched your hand in condemnation against a man of God whose son started singing Mainstream music. You were loud about your disappointment in the man of God. Instead of you to have raised intercessory prayers for him, instead you started pointing accusing fingers at him that he was a fake minister of God and God was punishing him through his son."
I remembered what the Lord was speaking about.
"That hand you stretched at him withered and that added to your inability to raise your own child as well" the Spirit of God said to me.
After the call with Ademide, I drove down to the church headquarters of that Man of God.
When I alighted at the Church Admin block, I could see the surprise on the faces of some of their Pastors...
"Reverend Bada!"
"Reverend Sir!'
"Good Evening Sir, please can I see the Apostle!" I said quickly.
"He is not around, but his PA is around!" One of the Pastors answered me.
"Can I see his P.A?"
"Yes Sir! Please come with me!" I was taken to the PA's office who did not see me for about thirty minutes. I knew he was discussing with his boss.
******
Timothy and I left the outreach ground . He had told his roommate at the seminary, he would come in a bit late. He wanted to see me back to the hotel.
"Can we walk a bit !" I said. I wanted some fresh air
"Sure!"
We walked in total silence for almost 10 minutes
"I am returning to Nigeria tomorrow." I said Finally
"Why?"
"The truth is I have nothing to do here. I came here with the mind to find Ademide and kill him, but God found a way of saving him ."
"And Us?"
"I don't know! For now let's stay as friends. I need to find me and let go of my past."
"I understand!" He said
"I promise to keep our friendship. You have done so much for me in these two days. I have learnt from you and through you I learnt to forgive."
"I love you!" Timothy said and you could tell he was shocked as well..I was shocked and my eyes didn't hide it .
"I don't Know how that popped out!" He confessed
"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" I said and he was shocked
"You know your Bible well" he said laughing
"Very well, but in just three weeks I almost forgot all I knew including 'What shall separate me from the Love of God? Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
"Hmm.."
"Yes the death of my twin brother and mother should not separate me from the Love of God." I said to him.
"All that happened to you was a test of your faith and I am happy you passed." Timothy said
"I am glad I met you in between all of this, you made the test very easy to pass"
"Even in our misfortune, God has a way of bringing fortune out. I hope this friendship of ours will blossom into something worth thanking God for in this season"
"Funny story, I was always crushing on Ademide, because I thought as my Reverend's Son he would be fully loaded with the Word of God, I didn't realize he was not even born again. But here I am, when I wasn't looking, I found the one I was looking for in the place I wasn't searching."
"We should write a book about all these, it sure would be a blessing to the world."
"That's true and Writing is one of the gifts I possess "
To be continued…
To follow our series, follow the author on Facebook @Opeyemi Akintunde Tv, Instagram @Opeyemiakintunde, and to watch our movies, follow us on YouTube @DEEP THOTS FILMS.
God bless you abundantly. Feel free to share but please do not tamper with the credit of the Author.
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
Inspired by the TRUTH REVEALER
Written by Opeyemi Akintunde
+234-8151103646
Fb@Opeyemi Akintunde Tv.
Comments
Post a Comment