My reverend's son 36
CHAPTER 36
“THE REVEREND’S SON”
©Opeyemi Akintunde
As inspired by the LIVING WORD
I was with Olamide when Mrs Opeyemi called me on video call. At first, I was hesitant about picking up the call, but I picked up and I was shocked to see Ademide with her.
"Ademide ...' I exclaimed
Olamide and Mojirade heard me..Mojirade rushed to me and saw Ademide truly.
Olamide wanted to see his face. I showed her his face...
"I met this young man and I want to confirm if he is your son?"
"Yes, he is!" I said with a strong lump in my throat
"He is with me here, I was invited for a ministration here and by God's divine arrangement, we met. He is a new man. Would you like to speak with him?" She asked
"Yes ma!"
Ademide collected the phone and at first all he did was sob. After he found his voice, he said..
"I am sorry for being a curse to God in your lives and I am sorry for being a curse to you. Forgive me."
I cried as a father. "Ademide, I was the one who failed you as a father..." I said
"Tell him, I failed him as a mother. Tell him I am sorry..." Olamide said in the background.
"Is that Mummy?" Ademide asked
"Yes, but she is a bit under the weather.” I couldn't break the devastating news of the spinal cord injury to him
"Ok, let me see her face" I turned the camera to Olamide.
"Ademide, I failed you. Forgive me. Find God. I am sure His Mercy will sort you out.
"Where do you stay?" I asked him
"I have no home, I stay with some boys on the street"
Tears dropped from my eyes. Ademide had a big room at home with his private toilet and bathroom. There was a tiny living room attached to his room as well, but he was sleeping on the street in a foreign land.
"Do you have a personal number?" I asked
"No! I used my friend's number. I sold my phone to eat."
"Ok, give the phone to Mrs Opeyemi."
"Please ma, can you keep him with you till tomorrow morning I will be there first thing in the morning." I said to her.
I heard Ademide saying sorry to someone in the background.
"Who did he offend?" I asked
"No one, he is just showing his sympathy to a young lady here."
"Ok ma!"
"About your request, I will do just that, but I will be leaving by five pm tomorrow."
"Thank you Ma"
I ended the call...I rushed towards Olamide...
"God is good!" I said to my wife
"Yes He is!" Olamide agreed…
I could see the tears in her eyes as well. We both knew there was something very important but yet difficult that we would have to do if we wanted to please God.
"Are you planning to bring him back to Nigeria? We will lose everything, integrity, church, and even people's faith will be tampered with" Mojirade shared her concern.
"Mojirade, who are we without God, we are only but a breath. If God takes this one breath from us, we would be nothing. What then is integrity when there is no breath. Whoever kills by a sword will die by a sword, Ademide would still meet his death one way or the other no matter how much we hide him in different countries, why don't we bring him back home to face the music, but he will face this music with adequate preparation" I said
"Adequate preparation?" Mojirade asked
“Yes, I need to prepare him for his death. I need to prepare him for eternity.”
The room fell silent….However, I needed to pay someone a visit.
To be continued…
To follow our series, follow the author on Facebook @Opeyemi Akintunde Tv, Instagram @Opeyemiakintunde, and to watch our movies, follow us on YouTube @DEEP THOTS FILMS.
God bless you abundantly. Feel free to share but please do not tamper with the credit of the Author.
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
Inspired by the TRUTH REVEALER
Written by Opeyemi Akintunde
+234-8151103646
Fb@Opeyemi Akintunde Tv.
Comments
Post a Comment