My reverend's son 35
CHAPTER 35
“THE REVEREND’S SON”
©Opeyemi Akintunde
As inspired by the LIVING WORD
After the female minister left the altar, I noticed Ademide stayed longer there sobbing with his eyes tightly shut. The longer time he spent there the more angry I became, I wanted him to get punished for his sin and knowing how Merciful God is, I was almost sure he would get away with the crime.
One of the senior pastors called on Timothy to go minister to Ademide privately. He went to pick him up and took him to the back of the stage. I wanted to stare him in the eyes and if possibly find a nearby stone and hit his head with it. I followed Timothy without him knowing.
From where I hid at the Backstage, I saw Ademide still sobbing profusely...
"I have been a curse to God and my parents, I have done terrible things, I am not proud of." As he lamented, the female preacher stepped out of the backstage resting room they had kept her. Ademide on sighting her rushed towards her sobbing like a baby...
"Ma, the message is for me, I have made men curse God and curse my parents. My name is Ademide Bada, the only son of Reverend Bada..."
I saw a knowing look in her eyes...
"Back in Nigeria, everyone thinks I am dead.." I was saying, but the female preacher stopped me because of the little crowd at the backstage.
"Come with me!" She said " Let's go inside"
"Young lady, come with me as well" she said to me all of sudden. I looked behind me to be sure I was not the one she was talking to.
"You!" She said again.
I ran back for fear of being exposed.
"Bring her for me!" I heard her say
I knew someone was running after me. As I looked over my shoulder it was Timothy. I stopped and faced him...
"Why does she want to see me alongside Ademide? Did you tell her something "
"Tell her something? How? I have been with you all the while. She is a woman of God, God definitely has a word for you through her. Come, I will be with you there."
Somehow, I trusted him. I followed him to the backstage room.
As we walked in, the female minister was speaking with someone on the phone...
"He is with me here, I was invited for a ministration here and by God's divine arrangement, we met. He is a new man. Would you like to speak with him?"
The woman handed the phone to Ademide and all he did on the phone was sob like a baby. I felt a little tightening of my chest as if I felt I pity for him but I refused to fall into the pit of pity for him. He walked away from the preacher to continue his conversation with the person on the phone.
"Young Lady, why are you about to lose something valuable God is about to give you because you are so wrapped up in holding tightly unto someone." She said
"I don't understand ma"
“I saw the Lord giving you a beautiful Joyful parcel for something you lost, but you are unable to receive it because you have a long whip in your hand which you intend using it to whip someone who hurt you badly in the recent past."
"Who is Timothy to you? I hear Timothy in my Spirit" The woman asked
I was shocked and broken...
Timothy raised his hand by himself.
"Are you her fiance?" She asked
"Not yet!" Timothy replied and right there I knew he was the gift God was giving me as compensation for my loss.
"My Dear Sister, forget the person you want to hurt badly, the person is actually going through hell, focus on the compensation God has given you.”
I couldn't help it, I started weeping like a baby whose snack had been taken from her. I desperately wanted to hurt Ademide, I wanted to, but here was the woman through the Spirit of God collecting the whip from my hand.
I sat on the floor weeping. Ademide ended the call with his father and cast a glance at me.
"Sorry ma!" He said to me. The word Sorry from him was a basic one just to tell me to stop crying, but the Sorry was so loud in my ears, it went straight into my heart and shattered my anger. He didn't know me as Henry's sister, he didn't even recognize me from his Father's church. I cried more as Timothy squatted beside me.
"Do you want me to tell him?". He asked
I shock my head in the negative. There was no point.
I was ready to let go and forgive him, like the female minister said 'he was already going through hell. He was a fugitive, despite his parents' wealth he was living like a pauper.
I sat there for almost thirty minutes taking necessary decisions in my Spirit.
Firstly, I had to return home to my brother as a prodigal sister. I would ask for his forgiveness and return the rest of the dollars with me. I also had to renew my relationship with God and finally go back to school.
To be continued…
IMPORTANT INFO: The full e-copy of "MY REVEREND's SON" is now available for sale. Chat 0906 992 6797 now to get your copy.
To follow our series, follow the author on Facebook @Opeyemi Akintunde Tv, Instagram @Opeyemiakintunde, and to watch our movies, follow us on YouTube @DEEP THOTS FILMS.
God bless you abundantly. Feel free to share but please do not tamper with the credit of the Author.
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
Inspired by the TRUTH REVEALER
Written by Opeyemi Akintunde
+234-8151103646
Fb@Opeyemi Akintunde Tv.
Comments
Post a Comment