My reverend's son 34
CHAPTER 34
“THE REVEREND’S SON”
©Opeyemi Akintunde
As inspired by the LIVING WORD
“An apartment? From how he looks, Do you think he has had a decent bath in weeks. He is one of those who live on the street. This seminary outreach to this place is to preach the Prodigal Son message. Almost all the boys living here, are runaway boys. They leave home to flex as they call it, but we organize this every three months to preach the message of returning home to them. We have had testimonies of young ones who returned home and today, they are strong in the Lord.
******
I was kneeling before the Lord broken for the first time in my Christian life. I couldn't count the number of messages I had heard in my life time or the number of times I have led prayers in church, but never have I been broken like I was that night.
My Name is Ademide, Reverend Bada's son.
What made me broken that night was a message I had never heard anyone preach in my life... THE YOUNG LIFE THAT ATTRACTS BLESSINGS AND NOT CURSES...
My new friends in Cotonou were the ones who told me about the program. They told me there would be FREE party-standard food plus money gifts after the program. They called the program FEED & FEED. They fed the boys on the street free physical food and food of the Spirit.
When we got there, I was amazed at the organization of a program for the boys and girls on the street. They gave each and every one of us free T- shirts to put on.
The Praise was electrifying even though it was not in English language. A few times they sang popular English songs.
When the Pastor stepped on the stage, it was a female minister who I didn't get her name. She led us in worship and went into the Word.
She asked us if we all knew who Solomon was. The Positive response was loud. She told us Solomon was a child that made his parents proud and that made him blessed.
"Let's turn our Bibles to 1 Kings 5:1-7" She said and the interpreter interpreted in French. I was hearing her clearly in English. We read through that scripture on the projector. We read about Solomon who sent a message to Hiram: his father's friend who was also a king for assistance in building God's house since his father could not do it.
"Dear young people, every child ought to supersede his or her father in their service until the Lord. If your father was a doctor saving lives, even if you don't end up becoming a doctor, whatever you choose to do it must impact lives better than your parents. Your parents cannot be ministers of God and you do less. Solomon was a good child who decided to outdo his Father in his service unto God.
I love verse 7: Can we read it together....
"When Hiram heard Solomon's message, he was greatly pleased and said, “Praise be to the LORD today, for he has given David a wise son to rule over this great nation.” We all read it
Are you a child that brings Praise to God and to your parents? Or Are you a child that makes people curse God ? Are you a child that brings disgrace to your parents? Are you a child that when people hear you speak or see the way you behave, they praise God on behalf of your parents."
Those words hit me deeply. I have been a curse of a child to my parents. I had read recently on a blog about how people insulted my parents for raising me wrongly and yet owned a big church filled with a lot of children. The writer advised parents to tell their children to stop attending my father's church.
"There is someone here, your parents are full time ministers of the gospel, they failed you and you also have failed them. In God's Design, you were meant to take over from your Father but the devil has tampered with that, you still have the chance to make it right with your parents and siblings before judgement catches up with you unexpectedly. I want all Prodigal children who would love to return home come forward for Grace and strength to return home and those who desire acceptance from their parents no matter the hurt you have caused them.
As you come out, you must realize that Scripture states that the heart of the Kings is in God's hand, He can turn it in whatever direction he pleases, especially to those who please him.
For your parents to accept you back, you need to be friends with Jesus. His Holy Spirit will give your parents the thirst and hunger to want you back home with them...
If you are ready for this change and to be a child of blessing to your parents, declare this after me...
"Father Lord, I come before you as a prodigal child, forgive me of my sins, I want to return back home to you and my family. Forgive me. Forgive me for the iniquities I have committed. Have Mercy on me. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour. For in Jesus name I pray"
I knelt down at the altar sobbing and asking for Mercy for being a curse to God and my parents.
“Father, give me another chance and I will make you proud.” I cried
To be continued…
IMPORTANT INFO: The full e-copy of "MY REVEREND's SON" is now available for sale. Chat 0906 992 6797 now to get your copy.
To follow our series, follow the author on Facebook @Opeyemi Akintunde Tv, Instagram @Opeyemiakintunde, and to watch our movies, follow us on YouTube @DEEP THOTS FILMS.
God bless you abundantly. Feel free to share but please do not tamper with the credit of the Author.
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
Inspired by the TRUTH REVEALER
Written by Opeyemi Akintunde
+234-8151103646
Fb@Opeyemi Akintunde Tv.
Comments
Post a Comment