My reverend's son 33

CHAPTER 33
“THE REVEREND’S SON” 
©Opeyemi Akintunde
As inspired by the LIVING WORD

Staying in the room for another twenty fours hours alone before the outreach gave me time to think through. I agreed that I came to Cotonou in a haste and maybe staying back in Nigeria would have been better but the thought of meeting Timothy gave me a bit of hope.

" Why did I really come to Benin Republic?". I asked myself

"To find and Kill Ademide?" I replied

" Apart from it being a foolish move, where are you going to find him in this big country that is dominated with french speaking people."

" Timothy said he lost his twin sister too and instead of seeking revenge, be converted his pain to purpose " I tried preaching to myself

" Can I turn this to purpose? No! Because this was not a crime committed by unbelievers but holy people. No! They have to be taught a lesson" I concluded. 
Around 4pm,  Timothy came to pick me up and gave me a customized hoodie for the program. I went back to the room and changed to hoodie

I asked him if we could stop by a boutique. When we got in, I bought a few cloths. 

The moment we got back into the taxi, he asked...

" You didn't come in with clothes"

' I wanted to travel light" 

" Okay!"
 *****
We got to the Outdoor event. It was an outdoor Evangelism and I was loving all that was happening until an altar call was made and a boy who looked like Ademide passed by me.

I froze and after few seconds walked forward towards him. It looked like I was answering the altar call . I knelt beside him and checked him clearly. 

He was the one!

Since I had seen him, what was I planning to do? 

Everything I had planned just flew out of my head. I walked back like a robot. 

Timothy saw how I looked and ran towards me. 

" What's wrong?" 

" He is here!"

" Who is here?'"

"The killer, my  brother's killer!"

 He also froze, I didn't tell him the story of my brother's death, so finding out I knew my brother's killer was highly shocking to him....

" Calm Down! Where is he? Is he here for you?" He asked as he spoke In fear as well.

" No, he is not here for me, but he is doing what he ought not to do!' I said 
Madly

" What?" 

' He is giving his life to Christ. No God should not accept him. He must pay for his crime" I said pointing towards Ademide.

" You don't want a criminal to give his life to Christ?" Timothy asked very surprised. " I can understand how angry you should be, but he becoming born again should make you happy. This is an assurance that he won't kill anyone else. Sorry for the pain he caused you"

I was mad at the fact that it was okay with Timothy that Ademide would give his life to Christ...

" Do you know what this bastard did?" I said

" We are on a holy ground, don't use swear words."

" He killed my twin brother and because of him, my mother died. His mother lied to the whole nation that my brother killed him. They forced my brother to agree that he killed him out of revenge and that way they were even and would release him..They bribed my brother with money to keep him silent and disappear. Is this the person you want God to accept into the Kingdom. Never! If he is in the kingdom, I will stay outside." I said sobbing 

" Let's go back to your hotel" 

"No, I want to know where he lives. I know they would have bought an expensive apartment for him here. I want to know the place so I can set him ablaze while he is sleeping"

“Janet! the best revenge is to be unlike the person who caused the injury” he said but those words sounded so faraway from me.

To be continued…

IMPORTANT INFO:  The full e-copy of "MY REVEREND's SON"  is now available for sale. Chat 0906 992 6797  now to get your copy.
To follow our series, follow the author on Facebook @Opeyemi Akintunde Tv,  Instagram @Opeyemiakintunde, and to watch our movies, follow us on YouTube @DEEP THOTS FILMS. 
God bless you abundantly. Feel free to share but please do not tamper with the credit of the Author.

DEEP THOTS NOVELS 
Inspired by the TRUTH REVEALER 
Written by Opeyemi Akintunde 
+234-8151103646
Fb@Opeyemi Akintunde Tv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unhealed 22

Timisire The Golden girl 19

The blue river 5